July 19th, 2010
How to write on essay themes
You may be asked to write on different essay themes in your academic life or in your professional one. A thematic essay tends to be based on a piece of literature that may have to be examined with thoroughness before an attempt is made to write out such an essay. It has been observed that most novels and stories are written with strong themes in place that are slowly revealed in the course of the narrative by the author. Sometimes, these themes may be clearly visible in the story while at other times, they may have to be brought out by the imagination and analysis on the part of the reader.
An essay theme can be a general statement that is provided by the college or school authorities. You may be asked to throw light on the statement using your own perceptions and viewpoints. At other times, it may also be asked in the form of a question and further elaboration may be required by you as an essayist. You can keep the following points in consideration when exploring an essay theme:
July 16th, 2010
How to make your essay look better by using an essay format
There are lots of ways to write an essay. In order to make essays more appealing and aesthetically pleasing, a number of essay formats have been developed. These formats not only make the essays more comprehensive but also ensure that the end result looks quite attractive for potential readers. These formats have been certified and recognized by all institutions of note. In some cases, you may be required to follow a particular pre-decided format while at other times the choice of format may be left to your will.
July 10th, 2010
Tips on writing a classification essay
A classification essay generally consists of a number of sub headings that are meant to differentiate among certain categories, choices or available items. Such an essay can be an explanatory essay that focuses on informing the reader about each category or it may also be an analytical essay where the writer explores and indulges in a thorough analysis of each category individually. If you are a student, you may be called upon to write classification essays at various points of your academic life as it helps organize coherent thoughts and effectively present them in a manner that is easy to process. You can become adept at the art of writing essays of this kind by considering the following useful, step by step points:
July 8th, 2010
How to Write Essays on Leadership that get you a Scholarship
Essays on leadership are of great significance as you may be required to write them at various junctures of your life. This is a very common topic for MBA admissions and general college admissions. Companies scouting for new talent also invite the job applicants to submit leadership essays in order to examine whether a certain person is suitable for a particular organizational role or not. If you are looking to land a much coveted scholarship through your essay on leadership, you can browse through content related to how to write a scholarship essay.
The following points are worthy of note if you are embarking on the task of writing an effective essay on leadership:
• You should begin your task by determining exactly what purpose you need to serve through your essay. It is vital to be sufficiently clear about the field or area of expertise in which you need to showcase your leadership skills. If you are required to write for educational purposes, you will need a particular type of content that shows you as a student leader. On the other hand, if you are applying for a job, you will need to emphasize on your leadership qualities as a team leader and a motivator.
• In case you are not fully aware of your skills as a leader, you can start by gathering relevant information by talking to other people around you like your parents, teachers or friends. Based on such information, you can present your abilities. This is a far better approach than trying to glorify your leadership qualities by being dishonest in some ways. Your essay needs to have a certain degree of credibility that can be gained only if you go about writing your essay the right way.
• Merely quoting a statement that you are capable of being a good leader is not enough. You need to weave in a convincing argument for your reader to show that you are a natural leader with the requisite skill sets to influence and guide people around you. You can do so by quoting incidents that required you to assume leadership roles and motivate other people to accomplish something that they would have otherwise been unable to do.
• Essays on leadership need not focus on specific achievements only. You can be a little open minded while writing scholarship essays and also offer examples of seemingly unrelated situations from your life that show you as a leader. If you have played any kind of sport in the past and emerged as a leader, you should definitely mention it even if the degree you are applying for has nothing whatsoever to do with sports.
• Bragging too much about yourself will not serve you well. It is best to remain a little humble and modest while writing such an essay. Your writing content and the instances that you refer to in your essay should be able to speak for themselves about your achievements or successes without you having to directly acknowledging them.
• You should strictly stick to the prescribed essay length and not deviate from it in any case as the reviewing committee may just read a certain part of your essay without going through the conclusion. If you have doubts regarding the length, you may read up on the topic of essay length on our website.
May 27th, 2010
The key word to keep in mind while writing a descriptive essay is of course, ‘description.’ This means that your essay should focus on giving a detailed account of the important elements in your writing. For example, if your descriptive essay is about a person, details such as the physical characteristics and qualities, rich references to the person’s individuality, personality traits etc. all have to be included in the essay. Let’s examine some significant aspects of writing a descriptive essay.
May 22nd, 2010
The world is filled with rhetoric… especially during an election year. When you research essay topics to base your paper on politics is a common winner. To write a rhetorical analysis essay on politics, it might be advisable to choose several speeches given by candidates and analyze the effectiveness of their rhetoric. It might also be interesting to test whether the rhetoric was simply a means to get elected or if there was any substance involved in the words. Make sure to mention your main idea in the introduction to an essay and stay focused.
May 18th, 2010
When students pick “the crucible” to write on in college it generally has to do with the interesting play about the Salem witch trials written by Arthur Miller. This was an interesting piece of art that has been popular throughout the decades. But that is not all that comes with the word “crucible”. Today, let’s look at two absolutely different crucible essays that can be written.
May 18th, 2010
In many examinations and admission procedures, the student is asked to write an essay on a given theme. However, there are also a few admission tests where the essay themes are not given in advance to the student. The applicant is himself asked to write an essay on a theme of his choice. Then, how does one choose the right essay theme to create a good impact and to write an effective essay? Let’s go through some tips.
May 17th, 2010
What Does Creating a Visual Essay Imply?
To begin with, a visual assay appears to stand out of the crowd. Actually, it is a totally different assignment from a classic essay. The point is that while covering this written task, you shouldn’t write anything at all except for some short informative statements!
May 15th, 2010
Creating an outline is not always a student’s favorite task. Many would prefer to just side step the entire process and wing it. But , let’s face it, many college kids would just as soon buy an essay rather than write one. For those students that are looking to learn and complete their assignments, let’s look at some useful tips. This article is designed to show a clear essay outline sample that will help them organize their thoughts so that they may create a worthwhile essay.