Basic Rules For Writing An APA Style Essay
If you are willing to write an academic essay or a research paper, you need to follow a standardized documentation style. APA or American Psychological Association style of writing is one of the most common and practiced documentation techniques, used globally by students, researchers and independent writers. An APA style essay requires predefined methods to be followed in reference citation, text formatting, heading placement, figure depiction, arrangement of annotations and appendices. There are many other standard documentation techniques like MLA, Harvard, Turabian, etc., but, APA is the most common one in practice. This article will elaborate some very basic rules defined for writing in APA style.
1. Page Format
• Should be typed on a standard 8.5” x 11” white paper.
• Line spacing should be double and the page should have all four side margins set to 1”.
• Every page should have a header – author’s name on top right corner followed by page number.
• First page should have author’s name, course name, instructor’s name and date of submission on the top left corner.
2. Reference Citation
• In text reference citation format: phrasequotation (Author, year of publication, page no written as p. xx).
• Another way can be like: phrase Author’s name (year of publication) quotation (p. xx).
Normally, the APA style essay requires complete referencesource information to be included at the end of essay. For more information regarding in text citation of sources, you can take help from professional writing sources.
3. Listing References
• All the sources of references, which are cited in the text, are to be arranged in the alphabetical order and required to be listed on a separate blank page, at the end of your essay.
• These source addresses should come under the heading of “References”, which is centrally aligned.
• The title of source should be underlined or italicized.
After writing your essay, proofread it and take a complete overview. If you need further assistance on understanding the complete rules of APA style or you simply want to transform your research essay or into an APA style essay, a professional essay writing service can help you in this regard.
APA documentation style makes an essay more understandable, unique and above all, gives a touch of professionalism and genuineness to your essay. Moreover, an effective look can be obtained by taking assistance of online buy custom-written research papers – documented in APA style.
An APA style essay format is intricate and lengthy but considered a well-defined and very professional work. If you write your academic articles and college essays following APA documentation rules, your teachers and instructors will surely be impressed and give your work a prime importance among others.