What this handout is about
Comparison and contrast essays are the types of academic paper writing. In this kind of essay you either compare or contrast something. In comparison essay writing you show the similarities in the things compared, and in contrast essay you emphasize the differences between the subjects.
For better understanding of how cope with these kinds of essay successfully, there are some compare and contrast essay examples on our website. They will help you to deal with such kind of academic paper writing without any problem.
Main steps of compare and contrast essay writing
Let’s speak about the process of essay writing in order to make you ready to fulfill this kind of writing assignment without using compare and contrast essay examples.
The main process of compare and contrast essay writing consists of the following steps:
• choosing the topic. The very first stage in essay writing is choosing the topic. It is an important step in any kind of academic writing assignment, because the success of your work depends on which topic you will choose. Omit boring and tired topics that will be not interesting for the reader.
• writing the list of similarities. There should be 4 – 6 similarities in your essay work, each point should be detailed and brightly illustrated with the examples.
• writing the list of differences. Your essay should contain 4 – 6 brightly illustrated and well explained differences.
• writing a topic sentence. It is the very first sentence in your essay work where you include the subject and focus attention on the comparison and contrast points.
• writing the body of an essay. Here you should point out all the similarities and differences found. You should explain each point using the details and examples.
• writing a concluding sentence. The very last sentence summarizes everything above and restates a topic sentence.
How to organize the essay
There are two patterns for an effective comparison and contrast essays writing:
- Subject-by-subject pattern. In this kind of pattern you give all the details about the subject A then you point out all the details of the subject B. Remember, you should discuss the details of both subjects in the same order.
- Point-by-point pattern. In this kind of essay organization you discuss both subjects point-by-point.
Tips to remember
In order to write a flawless comparison and contrast essay, you should remember the following things:
• to use the same points to compare and contrast both subjects;
• to give the equal space and equal attention to the details of the subjects.
We do sincerely believe that this article will help you to deal with academic paper writing without using any compare and contrast examples. But in the case you don’t have enough time to deal with essay writing we offer you the best UK essays and other academic paper writing.
How to identify the right essay theme for your project
Essay writing, even though much simpler than research paper writing, requires you to have a perfect understanding of what you have been asked to do. Since essay writing is considered to be easy and simple, you may not be able to make excuses for a poorly prepared essay project. Essay assignments which are to be prepared based on a theme are termed thematic essays and are very commonly assigned to students. The prompt which just suggests the essay theme gives more liberty to the students with their choice of essay topic. It also proves to be an excellent method of evaluating the students’ intellectual level. When you are dealing with a thematic essay, the theme must be chosen carefully for the objective of the essay to be fulfilled satisfactorily.
Tips on working efficiently on a particular theme
You have to put in a lot of effort to find the most appropriate essay themes for your projects. But, your job does not end with the choice of a theme for your essay. You have to maintain the focus on that theme as well as do justice to it by weaving an interesting essay around it. Listed below are a few tips which you can use towards the choice of topic for your thematic essay as well as with the framing of your essay.
1. An interesting theme which falls in line with the essay prompts or the essay guidelines is that which would complement your essay. Study the prompt carefully to get an idea of what exactly has been asked for; the prompt would mostly consist of just a few words – five to seven or even lesser. If the prompt is not clear enough to you, take help from your teacher or someone else who is knowledgeable enough. A misunderstood prompt would cause you to make a wrong choice of the theme.
2. The essay themes set the background as well as the mood of the essays. Hence the theme has to be maintained throughout the essay for it to be effective. For example, if your theme is ‘the passionate love in Shakespeare’s sonnets’, you must maintain the theme of love throughout your essay. You cannot digress off into the other themes of the sonnets which include time, mortality, beauty or deceit. The trouble is that you will need to touch upon all the other themes to frame your essay well; maintaining the focus on the theme of love while including the other themes also in the essay is the trick.
3. Introduce your theme well enough to ensure that your audiences are able to set their mood appropriately. That would help in keeping their focus steady on the main theme. Also, keep coming back to the main theme of your essay at regular intervals to remind the reader about what you are talking about.
If you need help with your essay theme, let us know. We offer help with all types of essays including biographical essays and narrative essays. Our other services include assistance with research essay topics, editing, formatting and proofreading and also assistance with working on analytical to persuasive essay topics. We also offer outstanding custom essays in all subjects to students of all levels. Our essays carry a 100% plagiarism-free guarantee as well as a guarantee of complete satisfaction.
How to prepare an effective classification essay
Understanding the objective of an assignment is extremely important while dealing with an academic assignment. Each assignment has a unique objective and must be handled in the appropriate way for that objective to get fulfilled satisfactorily. Classification essays are one of the commonly assigned projects for students of all subjects and levels. In order to carry out a successful classification analysis, you need to understand the concept of classifying objects using its various attributes and defining it using the outcome of the study.
Understanding the principle of classification
Classification methods are so commonly demanded of students due to the fact that it is the best method for learning and understanding the nature and characteristics of a particular object or topic, more accurately. In order to prepare an effective classification essay, you need:
1. More than one object which carries similar features.
2. A common element which would form the principle of classification between the objects of classification.
Simple examples of classification
So, how does the classification method work? To understand that, let us take a look at some classifications which we unknowingly work out in our day-to-day lives.
• You know what would happen if you keep a marble or an egg on a table top and take your hands off – it will roll off. This you know without even thinking much about it because your mind classifies both these objects as smooth and round and you know that round objects would roll if there is nothing to stop it. Here the classification principle you use is the shape of the object.
• You go to a supermarket; you know that you will find apples and oranges under the fruits section as both come under the category of ‘fruits’. And if you need rice or wheat, you automatically proceed to the grains section. Here the principle of classification is the type of merchandise.
• You are visiting a foreign country. You analyze the fashion trends in the region. You will knowingly or unknowingly classify them using the principle of either the gender (fashion trends of men, women and children) or using the age group (fashion trends of the old and the young) or yet using the social stature of the locals (what the upper class wear and what the middle class and the poor people wear).
These are classifications which you work out without giving yourself the credit of being an expert in classification. If you can do so much, without being aware of it, why should you have trouble preparing good classification essays using the same method? All you need to do is, find objects with at least one common feature, which would form the classification principle, and categorize the object using that common element.
If you need any further assistance with preparing your classification essay, we shall be glad to assist you. We assist students with all types of essays including analytical essays, persuasive essays, biography essays and so on. We also offer help with the formatting of MLA and APA style essays and also with the other documentation styles like the Chicago style and Harvard style. You can also choose to buy an essay from us which is prepared with due regard to the specific requirements of your project as well as your personal preferences.
How to write impressive I believe essays
Out of the most commonly assigned projects in academia is the ‘I believe essay’. This essay, as is evident from the term, is mostly autobiographical in nature. An incident from your life which confirmed a particular belief or something that changed your perspective, making you believe in something totally new would prove excellent topics for such an essay.
What all to remember while writing an essay on your beliefs
• Keep the focus firm on your ‘belief’. What supports or justifies your belief must ideally be the content of the essay. But whatever you choose to include in your ‘I believe essay’, focus on the ‘belief factor’.
• Keep it strictly to you and your views. Note that it is not an ‘essay on beliefs’; it is an essay about your belief or beliefs. Hence, talking too much about others’ perspectives would be unnecessary. Any detail which does not point back to you or your view of the matter would be irrelevant to the essay.
• You can prepare your essay about your belief in the narrative format to make it more interesting to the reader. If you are blessed with good writing skills, you will be able to prepare excellent essays on the topic as it is autobiographical.
• ‘I believe essays’ give you a very good opportunity to be creative. You can try to knit the essay around what made you believe in what you are talking about – did your parents or teachers taught you what you believe in or was it a particular experience which planted the belief in you? You can also write about an incident which changed your perspective completely, changing your existing belief. As long as you manage the first person narrative mode and the focus on the ‘belief’, you can prepare a good essay on your belief.
• Before you pick your topic, consider the page limit or the essay length mentioned in your project guidelines. It often happens that narrative essays get drained off the most interesting parts for the purpose of fitting it into the suggested page limit. You can avoid this by picking a topic which can comfortably be contained within the permitted space.
• The main challenge about writing essays about your beliefs is that it is extremely difficult to make someone approve of what you believe in. Even though you are not obliged to convince your audience about what you say in an essay, you must at least be able to interest your reader enough to get the expected grades. If your essay must sound real enough to be enjoyed and be descriptive enough to convey the point.
You will be able to write very good ‘I believe essays’ if you are know how to use words effectively and powerfully. But if you are not confident about your writing skills, you can consider getting professional assistance with your essay; in which case you may consider using our services to buy an essay which is prepared specifically for you. We have highly experienced academic writers from all sectors of study to assist students with their academic assignments. Our custom essays are among the best in the industry as we are dedicated to providing students with the best kind of assistance they can have. Whether you are dealing with an analytical essay, argumentative essay or a biography essay, we can assist you with it all. You may get in touch with us through our website anytime as we offer 24 X 7 customer assistance.
The Importance of Essay Phrases
Of course, academic success turns out to depend on numerous factors such as a theme of an essay, the author’s writing skills and style, language and arguments used in a paper. Consistency and clarity of thought are sure to be keys to success as well.
But how to come up with a fine, well-reasoned and thought out piece of writing? Appropriate essay phrases will definitely help you to organize your essay in a good way. Indeed, there is a large number of generally accepted phrases, which can be implemented to link your ideas. If they are used correctly, your essay will be lucid, smooth and easy to read.
Essay Phrases: When to Use Them
From the previous paragraph it is crystal clear that transition phrases are commonly used to organize a mess of sentences into a meaningful and coherent text. But to implement these phrases effectively in your essays and other papers you should know when to use them. Below, the most common cases of their usage are enumerated and some examples are given.
- If you need to open a new paragraph or to start a new argument: to begin with, to start the conversation rolling, as a result, accordingly, correspondingly, in this manner, evidently, etc.
- If you want to develop your idea: furthermore, likewise, in addition, as well, similarly, indeed, in the same way.
- To provide the reader with an illustration smoothly use the following phrases: for instance, for example, to illustrate this point, a typical example, mainly, especially, most importantly, etc.
- If you are eager to demonstrate a contrast between 2 things: however, in comparison, in spite of, but, notwithstanding, although, conversely, on the other hand, alternatively, on the contrary.
- To sum everything up you may use: all in all, to put it in a nutshell, overall, in final consideration, etc.
Brilliant Essay Phrases to Use in Your Papers
Still don’t know how to make your essay sound naturally and professionally? Our experienced pros at WritingBee.com have worked out a set of brilliant essay phrases that work indeed. Use them in your own papers and check yourself how efficient they are!
- There is a growing debate about …
- The basic concepts of X are defined by this scholar…
- According to professor X … / professor X claims/states that…
- Before considering Y it is vital to notice Z
- As these arguments suggest…
- It is also reasonable to take into consideration that…
- Despite all criticism this theory has a good deal of adherents
- It can be seen from above analysis that …
- It might be concluded from this statement that…
Helpful Hints on How to Use Phrases in Essays
In addition, to make the most out of all above-mentioned phrases and achieve the expected results follow the tips on how to use them properly in your papers.
- Pay close attention to correct usage of the phrases.
- It is more preferable to use all these phrases to start a new paragraph rather than a new statement.
- Sometimes it is better to implement brief phrases rather than long ones.
- Do not overuse transition phrases, as it may spoil everything.
Also, you may order a well-researched coherent essay from us. Place your order now and our experts will cater for your writing needs.
Great Essay Step Directions for Writing Your Paper
Essay writing can be a little confusing if you are unsure about the steps to follow. Following some clear cut steps makes writing a paper of any essay length a whole lot easier. Take a look at some easy to follow Essay Steps:
Steps to Follow for your Essay
1. Carry Out Research
Before your pen hits the paper, you need to carry out Essay Step one, which is research. Make yourself an expert in the topic that you are writing about. Use all available resources like the Internet, library and various academic databases.
2. Analyze The Topic
Once your research is done, move on to the next step. This consists of analysing your essay arguments. In order to do this you need to lay down the claims, note down the reasons and highlight the evidence. Make note of the weaknesses and pin point the strengths. Writing an essay starts with analysing the written works of other essay writers. You could buy an essay and evaluate it before starting your own.
3. Come Up With New Ideas
This step is one of the most important steps of writing an essay. If you want to write a great essay you need to brainstorm and come up with original ideas and thoughts. You need to gain in-depth insight on your topic. Take your time and come up with something brilliant and all your own.
4. Form The Thesis Statement
Select the best idea that you can base your essay on and write it down in such a way that it is a crystal clear assertion. This is your thesis statement. Your thesis is your essay’s main point, packaged in the form of a tight sentence. It is extremely important because it informs readers of the central idea of your essay.
5. Create The Essay Outline
Before you write your essay it is imperative that you create an essay outline. You can pen down one line sentences describing your paragraphs. Use bullet points to list down the things you want to include in each paragraph. Shift the order around until you are satisfied. Take an overall look and ensure that the order and flow is logical.
6. Write The Introduction
This Essay Step is another extremely important step. If your introduction fails to immediately excite and interest your readers, they will not bother to read further. The introduction to an essay is also very important because it takes readers to the thesis statement.
7. Write The Paragraphs
Every paragraph of your essay must contain just one idea which supports your thesis statement. Start your paragraphs with topic sentences. Make sure all your assertions are backed up with evidence. Lay out your ideas in a clear and logical manner.
8. Finish With The Conclusion
This is the final essay writing step. Wrap up your essay on an interesting note. You can use quotations, a memorable phrase or some other tool to end your essay in an unforgettable way.
Essay Steps help make it easy to write an essay. If you need more help, check out an essay writing service for guidance.
The Importance of Sticking to College Essay Formats
Naturally, if you are studying at college, essay is sure to be one of the most common assignments, which you should accomplish on your way to your degree. Though it may seem to be a simple task, sometimes your scholarship and overall academic success may depend on it. Consequently, you ought to know the secrets of successful essay writing, which we’ll disclose to you below.
First of all, when it comes to creating an outstanding and consistent piece of writing, college essay format matters a lot. It should be noted that there exist several formats, which appear to be generally accepted:
• MLA format
• APA format
• Chicago format
• Harvard format
• And others
The Fundamentals of APA College Essay Format
In fact, APA college essay format presumes that a student should stick to the writing standards, which were worked out by American Psychological Association. One of the most considerable requirements of this format is that your paper should contain the cover page, the introduction, the main body, the summary and the references. Furthermore, there should be a page header on every page. It is preferable to use Times New Roman (12 pt.) and double space the text of your essay. In addition, references should be made in a special way, so be extremely careful and attentive.
MLA College Essay Format
As far as MLA essay format is concerned, it is known to be based on Modern Language Association standards. According to this very format all margins should be 1 inch. Moreover, it implies that all the pages of your papers ought to be numbered and all the page headers must be placed in the upper right corner. Besides, it is highly recommended to use italics in the titles the references, if they are too long. Writing paper in MLA format you may create a special section Notes, if it is necessary. There you may incorporate all the endnotes, which are necessary for your essay to look more full-fledged. Don’t forget about peculiarities of the title page and references.
Helpful Tips on How to Format Your College Paper
Indeed, it is quite obvious that every essay format turns out to have its own peculiar features. Sometimes, their standards may differ greatly. On the other hand, if you take a closer look at formatting, you may notice there are some clear-cut general principles, which are used while creating essays of different formats.
• Pay close attention to margins and fonts
• ALWAYS use double space to type your paper.
• Don’t fail to incorporate the following constituents into your essay: the Title page, the Introductory part, the Body of the paper, the Closing part, the reference list and appendices.
• Organize your Title page appropriately.
• Make citations in your essay in a full compliance with the given format.
• Follow all the instructions on how to create a suitable reference list.
Sure thing, if feel that you lack skills at writing or formatting your essay you may order it from us. We work – you rest and get top grades.
How to Write a Satire Essay
A Satire Essay involves a form of writing in which satire is used to make fun of a subject. Devices such as hyperbole and irony are used by writers of such essays to get their point across. These essays are normally aimed at celebrities, politicians or absurd situations. A writer of satirical essays usually aims to provide interesting, informative and eye opening information relevant to his essay. It is easy to write satirically once you get the hang of the techniques used for this kind of writing. Satirical papers can be written as a 250 word essay or even as a long essay. Take a look at how to write this kind of essay:
1. Select a topic
Keep an eye open for subject matter that is originally silly or ironic. The aim is to use satire to enhance the absurdity of your topic. This is similar to the manner in which caricature artists use their techniques and the way that satirical cartoons are created. Looking at these satirical examples is a good way for learning the style of Satire Essay writing. Begin by identifying a goal. Once you have a goal in mind, proceed by using hyperbole, irony and humour to achieve the goal.
2. Use hyperbole
Emphasize your point with the help of hyperbole. Hyperbole is a device used for satirical writing that exaggerates the information provided by you. However be wary when you use this device. Exaggeration does not mean lying. You must provide correct, factual information with a dash of hyperbole to creatively highlight the absurdity behind the facts. An example of hyperbole would be ‘my friend uses so much make up she broke a chisel trying to take it off!’
3. Incorporate irony
The content of Satire Essays should also contain irony. Irony means using phrases or words to convey the opposite of what you actually mean. An easy to understand example of irony usage would be, ‘she was kind enough to steal from a beggar to stuff her pockets.’ In this sentence the word ‘kind’ conveys the irony of the statement. Irony is a great device to use in satirical essays. It is used alongside sarcasm to criticize.
4. Add humor
When you write your satirical essay, try to include humor in your essay. All instances of satire are not humorous; however, by highlighting the silly parts of the event or person that you are describing, you can usually make people see things the way you are seeing them. Humor also helps people understand the point you are trying to make a lot more easily. Also, most people respond more quickly to humorous writing, especially if you are successful in getting them to understand the point you are trying to make.
Satire Essays can be written on any essay length. Always remember to be cautious when you write such an essay as there is a fine line between satire and rude commentary. If you find it difficult to write a satire, you can buy an essay or even look at some free essay samples online for a better idea on how to write it.
Steps for Writing Concept Essays
The aim of Concept Essays is to inform readers about a particular topic. The purpose of such an essay is to explain a concept without influencing your readers. When you write this type of essay, you do not adopt a stance or provide a point of view on the essay topic. Even if you write about a controversial topic, you need to explain all the sides of the controversy instead of taking one particular side. This type of essay can be written on any essay length. If you are writing a concept paper for the first time, follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Select a Topic
You may be given a specific essay topic or you may be told to write your essay on a topic of your choice. If it is the latter, look for a topic that you find interesting. Writing about an interesting theme will lead to you writing your essay in a way that interests your readers. Keep in mind that topics for Concept Essays are more abstract than other types of essays. Examples of such topics would be racism, wisdom or communication.
2. Conduct Research
Make a note of the information you possess on your topic and then start collating information on the parts that are missing. As you will be educating your readers on your chosen topic, it is important that you know all that you can find out about it. After carrying out all the research, decide what information you are going to use. You don’t have to write about your topic in extensive detail; however it should be detailed enough to provide thorough understanding of the concept.
3. Determine your Audience
Before writing your Concept Essay, you must have an idea of who your target audience is. It is not possible to write an essay effectively without determining the type of readers you are writing for. Knowing who your readers are will help you decide what materials to include, the order of ideas and the best way to support the arguments made.
4. Create an Outline
Creating an essay outline is a great idea as it will help you organise your thoughts and information. Once you organize your thoughts, you will get an overall view of how your essay will look. This will help you group similar ideas together and eliminate unnecessary ones.
5. Begin Your Essay
The introduction to an essay is very important. The essay intro introduces readers to the subject of the essay and indicates the areas of importance. This opening paragraph must contain your thesis statement. This statement must be explained briefly in one or two sentences and must convey the main idea of your essay. Follow your introduction with the essay body paragraphs in which every paragraph discusses one main point.
6. Write Your Conclusion
Conclude your Concept Essay with a paragraph that reminds readers of your essay’s main idea. This paragraph must summarize the main points in a fresh and interesting way.
If you find it difficult to write this type of paper, you can buy an essay or read a couple of free sample essays online for guidance.
How to Write a Symbolism Essay that gets you a Scholarship
Symbolism is a very important literary device that can be observed in lots of renowned pieces of literature. Symbolism is essentially the creative art of representing a figure, an idea, a person or a viewpoint. Symbolism essays are generally assigned to students of literature at the graduate or under graduate level in order for them to comprehend the nuances of this subtle device that makes a piece of writing more beautiful and poetic. You may be either asked to write a symbolism essay on a particular poem or book or a general one on a material of your choice. In the latter case, you can research essay topics online first.
The following tips can help you create flawless symbolism essays:
Picking out the base material
If you are called upon to write a general symbolism essay, you need to first assemble some literature that you are going to be elucidating and examining for its inherent symbolism. While doing so, you need to make sure that the text you choose richly contains symbols and not a scarce scattering of them. They should be present at various points throughout the narrative in a consistent manner. Some of the writers that are known to be adept at symbolism are James Joyce, Virginia Woolfe, Charles Dickens, etc.
Evaluation of symbols
The first step while writing such an essay on a particularly assigned book or on several books is to determine the words and expressions that showcase symbolism. For this, you need to be aware of exactly what symbolism is. A direct reference and ready explanation of a certain idea or viewpoint does not qualify as symbolism. It is rather a complicated instrument that enables the reader to arrive at their own interpretation that may or may not be exactly what the writer wanted to convey but is still more or less the same.
Reason for usage
The most important step in the evaluation and interpretation of symbols is comprehending the reason for the author to employ the symbols that he/she has applied in their writing. If there is no concrete and justifiable reason for the author to use symbolism at any point in the narrative or poetry, it may well be the case that you are reading too much into the words used and the author does not intend them to be an example of symbolism at all.
The last step while evaluating a text for symbolism is to interpret the symbols and connotations used. Doing this requires a certain amount of imagination as well as creative thinking. If you are too rigid in your thought process, you may not be able to do this. So, it is vital to keep an open mind and think of all possible meanings that may be attached to the use of a particular word. This step blurs the lines between symbolism and an analytical essays to a certain extent.
Before actually beginning the task of writing such an essay, it is imperative that all students spend some time understanding the ways in which symbols have formed an important part of culture and conduct a thorough historical analysis on the subject. This will make them well-informed and help them write an intellectually stimulating and high quality essay. If you have doubts about the number of words that are ideal for this kind of an essay, you can read up on the prescribed essay length that is appropriate for essays on different topics.