While writing your term paper, if you’re asked to write an essay on leadership, how will you begin? Will you define leadership from the Oxford Dictionary, will you begin by referring to your favorite leader’s qualities or will you outline the general characteristics that you think will make a leader? Well, if you are in doubt, please know that it is fine to begin the essay with any of the above methods. The important aspect to keep in mind is that you’re describing a quality and you should supplement it with ample examples, references and if possible, quotes. The introduction to your essay is obviously the place to hold and capture your reader’s attention, so make sure whatever you write makes the reader curious enough to read through the entire essay.
Also, remember that writing a leadership essay encompasses many different aspects – like leadership styles, leadership development, types of leadership, successful leadership, leadership principles and values etc. Before beginning your essay, make a draft about what aspect you want to highlight upon. Your prescribed essay length should help you decide how much you can include and how many aspects you can briefly allude to.
Leadership is not just about commanding people, but it is also about following them, and listening to them. One does not always have to be a commander, a chief or a boss to be a great leader. A great leader can also be one who has total command and control over his life, his words, his deeds and actions, and who helps others help themselves. There are lots of great qualities in a leader that you can choose from and elaborate on them with examples. For instance, 10 great leadership qualities that most people agree should be present in a leader are:
- Passionate about his beliefs
- Puts people’s interests above his own
- Responsibility and ownership
- Self motivated
- Ability to influence
- Ability to lead
- Ability to teach
An effective leader can be humble and strong at the same time, teach and learn at the same time, give credit to his followers and command respect at the same time. To be prepared on writing a leadership essay, you can also read biography essays
research papers or dissertations in subjects such as social sciences and arts. Writing an APA style essay refers to writing it and formatting it according to the APA norms and guidelines. This kind of style is used for writing term papers, case studies, literature reviews and research reports. When you format your essay according to the APA style, you will need to adhere to rules around typeface, line spacing, margins, page headers, footers etc. Here are some guidelines around writing an APA style essay.
- Font: Use only Times New Roman or a similar serif font. Retain the font size at 12.
- Spacing: Have only double spacing in the entire report or document. Double spacing is required after titles, sub-headings, quotes, figure captions, references, foot notes etc.
- Margins: Ensure that you have one inch margin on all sides of the document.
- Page Header and Footer: Make sure to include a header and footer on every page. The title and the page number are also mandatory on every page.
- Include an indent of about half an inch for the first line of every paragraph. Text should be left aligned with no specific alignment at the right.
- Tables and figures should begin on a new page each.
- The format of the document should be in the following order – Title page, Abstract, Main body of the document, References, Appendix.
- Citations are very important, if you’ve used a reference or another writer’s words or ideas. The format of the citation should include the author’s last name, the year of publication, and the page number. For instance, the format should be as follows: Cook, 1987, pp. 34-35). Then, ensure that you mention all details about the author in the references. Note that citing the page number is not mandatory at all times. You need to mention it only if you’re referring to and quoting from a particular source. Otherwise, just having the author’s name and year will suffice.
- If citing multiple authors, mention all the names followed by the year.
- In the references, mention the authors’ names in alphabetical order, starting with the last name and the initials of the first names. This is followed by the publication date, title, publisher details and so on.
- References going on to the 2nd and 3rd lines are to be indented by half an inch.
- The references list is important because it serves as a comprehensive list of resources for your reader. Therefore, make sure that you make it as informative as possible and maintain the correct format.
The APA Style essay has been used by many disciplines and many writers around the world prefer using this style in their work. It is important to maintain consistency and standard in scientific publications. Therefore, the APA Style essay is highly preferred in these kinds of writings. Remember to remain focused on the facts and concentrate on the formatting guidelines to write the right APA style essay. Also, take some time out to look up some essay samples online to gain more idea of this kind of writing.
Just like other essays, an analytical essay follows the structure of an introduction, body and conclusion. However, what is different in this type of essay is the specialty of the essay to help the reader gain a better systematic and logical interpretation of the topic that is being discussed.
Any topic can be the point of discussion in this kind of an essay. However, the key here is analysis, which is best done by breaking down the topic into its various components and examining each thoroughly. For instance, if the topic of discussion is a festival, you can break down the essay by examining the history and origin of the festival, what are the festivities involved, what kinds of changes have come in the celebration of the festival over years, and so on. In conclusion, you can talk about the effects of the festival in today’s world, its contribution and positive effects on people and the joys of celebrating it.
At times, an analytical essay can also be a comparison between two objects. If your goal of the essay is to prove that one object is better than the other in terms of features or characteristics, be sure to substantiate your point with enough facts and statistics.
Any activity becomes better with practice, and with writing too, improvement and perfection can be achieved with practice. So, get used to writing them by picking up any topic and elaborating on it by writing it in the form of an analytical essay. Who knows, this may be the basis for writing your term paper or /dissertation too? Find /samples of analytical essays on our website.
Begin by writing down all the information that you can gather about the topic. Do as much research as possible. Remember, that when you write your research paper, this information gathering will be of immense use to you. Write down as many points as you can. Then start sorting them according to the origin, development, features, characteristics, uniqueness and impact of the subject or topic. Develop your thesis statement. The thesis statement, in a single sentence should convey the main idea, motive and focus of your analytical essay. The thesis statement should be in the introductory paragraph of the essay and should be gripping enough to make the reader want to read the rest of the essay.
Moving on to the main paragraphs of the essay or the body of the essay, make sure that you have enough facts and information to cover all the aspects related to the analysis. Your thesis statement should be ably supported in these paragraphs with facts, figures, data and lots of information. Each paragraph of the body should include topic statements that elaborate on the subject and are in connection with the thesis statement. Finally, the conclusion of your analytical essay should reiterate what’s spoken about in the thesis statement and should leave the reader with a clear and comprehensible picture of the goal of the essay. Summarize what you intended to achieve and what you wanted to say in the form of two-three clear sentences in the concluding paragraph. Ensure that you leave the reader with a clear frame of mind and do not confuse him by providing an unfinished or incomplete thought that makes him wonder what the intention of your essay was.
In the crown of English literature, William Shakespeare’s work is being regarded as one of the biggest jewels. His novels and plays are totally based upon social relationships of human beings tied by their emotions and actions; with in the environment surrounding them. The tragedy of Macbeth – Thane of Glamis, written in 1606, is another tragedy based play of William Shakespeare, which shows how certain situations can drive human beings to become greedy, superstitious, angry, ashamed and power-hungry. In colleges and universities, students are usually taught this classical literature and are asked to write about it in order to enhance their powers of observation and to improve their literary ethics. Moreover, students are asked to create a topic and write an essay, based on any character, event or incident extracted from classical plays. However, students who find composing an essay a difficult task, can buy essays online too, but they should always try to write in the first place. As most of the Shakespearean plays, tragedy of Macbeth is also a little difficult to understand and analyze, with out proper guidance. However, this particular article will cover a small domain and give you a very basic idea about how to create sensible Macbeth essay topics.
First and foremost thing you need to do is: read, read and read the tragedy. Get in to it through critical, suggestive and hypothetical analysis methods, in order to get familiar with it. Try to understand the theme and idea of play, characters and their actions, incidents, maxima and minima of the play, etc. Usually, to create an effective topic, you should be looking through a hypothetical window, which can satisfy the situation you wanted to appear. If the hypothesis is true, you have your topic right there. If not, look through other methods and try to probe in results of the play and justify them. For further assistance, you can always rely on a literature review service.
Other subjective Macbeth essay topics can also be devised by analyzing characters of the play. It is a sane choice to take Macbeth himself as your subject, but other characters like King Duncan, Lady Macbeth, Banquo, Hecate and Madcuff or their collective arrangements can serve as a good subject too. In this way, you can suggestively analyze characters and create better essay topics based on their actions, which resulted in the pitch and climax of the play. One last basic method out of many can be a situational analysis method. You just consider a major situation at an important point of the play and justify if the writer has done right by pulling that situation or not. Yes, its quite difficult than the previous ones, but the resulting Macbeth essay topics can be fantastically appreciable.
Students facing problem in writing their research papers or annual literary thesis in literature should give the tragic play of Macbeth, a chance of their consideration. It’s full of energy, human emotions, incidents and calamities that can be analytically transformed in to significant research material. Students can also take help from online research paper writing services in this regard. On the other hand, the tragic play of Macbeth has also a rich ground, from which tens of Macbeth essay topics can be extracted and formulated.
Writing an Othello essay is considered to be one of the most difficult and challenging task in the field of academic essay writing. Essays on Othello are basically literary articles analyzing the plot, characters and thesis of William Shakespeare’s wonderful creation, tragedy of Othello – The Moore of Venice, written back in 1603. It is a tragedy novel based on an Italian short story ‘Un Capitano Moro’ by Cinthio, published in 1565. A literary article based on Othello’s tragedy is often regarded as a scholastic work, which has a great value in academic writing field.
This tragedy has five main characters:
1. Othello – A Berber captain of Venetian army on Cyprus
2. Desdemona – Othello’s wife.
3. Iago – Husband of Emilia and villain in this tragedy.
4. Emilia – Iago’s wife.
5. Rodrego – A dissipated Venetian in love with Desdemona.
When it comes to the writing part of Othello essay, it is obligatory to read the novel first. It will help a lot in understanding the theme and idea behind the tragedy, for sake of doing justice with this great masterpiece. Second important thing is to remain with the character of Othello, define the incidents that happened to him and his relationship with other characters, shaping his own character. Also you have to analyze personalities, dialogues and events with Othello’s perspective. This analysis can be critical, justifying or simply can be formalistic. Additionally, you can read some scholastic research papers dedicated to the characters of this tragedy, for expanding your vision and thinking on the theme. If you need, you can buy research papers – custom-prepared in any format and in accord with any character of the novel.
When you are dealing with the characters and their roles in the novel, you are expected to define their relationship with each other in a bit explanatory form. Othello’s relationship and emotions tied with Desdemona, Iago’s character and villainy, emotions of Emilia for both Iago and Othello and Rodrego’s love for Desdemona should be the main focus of Othello essay. Since many Othello essays have been written before, so the real challenge is to come up with a new idea or angle of study. To write with a new perspective you need to be aware of most common reviews of the novel. Get aware with most common reviews for the novel by reading essays from different writers.
One additional way of writing a review of Shakespearian work is to analyze it from writer’s point of view. Familiarize with different tragedies and acts of Shakespeare and extract the emotional change that writer is developing or simply try to find the pattern and theme in different novels of the writer. This could be a unique way to write an Othello essay. Another way could be the characteristic comparison of Cinthio-Shakespearian Othello and identification of any difference, if any.
There are some custom essays and literary thesis writing services available online. That is why it is important to mention that you can also buy essays online – custom written and quality essays. Also, if you are looking for some good quality Othello essays, you can order an excellent essay composed just for you – online.
Writing an essay is always a wonderful experience in which you create words from words and align them properly to reflect some meaning. After that phase of creation comes the phase of rechecking or proofreading. From a film maker to a mathematician, it is a common practice of every professional to edit or finalize the work done before submission. Essay editing is a similar task that needs you to give some final touch to your work and become fully satisfied before submitting it.
You can buy a custom essay, if you urgently require some high quality and professionally edited work. But if you intend to write and edit one your self, you need to follow some basic instructions that will save a good amount of work for you.
– After your essay is concluded, the first and most initial step is to look for grammatical mistakes. Punctuation, spelling and inappropriate grammatical errors can destroy the beauty of your work. Hunt them down!
– Revise your work with respect to its flow. Check for redundant words and replace them with synonyms, if elimination is not an option. Cut and modify longer sentences and convert them into shorter ones. This can be done by using rich words in your phrases that offer more precise meanings. Always remember that if an essay is missing its flow, it is considered as a pile of words instead of harmonious composition. Also look up and solve common writing problems that occur unconsciously.
– Essay editing also involves critical analysis of your work. That means to look at your work as a critic and detect useless and inappropriate things that should not be the part of your work. Analyze whether your essay is conveying its real message to the reader – the message YOU wanted to convey.
– Give necessary attention to each and every sentence and read your work twice for the detection of logical loopholes. Think and work on the title before and after working on your essay and bring necessary transformations to it, if needed.
– It is a good practice to keep all subtopics in different paragraphs. If any subtopic needs longer space, give it an appropriate room and try to condense the next one. For instance, in the case of research paper writing, your subtopics should be really well-placed under appropriate sub-headings and must be in proper sequence, to guarantee the flow.
– It is a good idea to ‘listen’ your work. But, it is not an obligatory part of essay editing if you are confident enough.
– Check all the links and sources you provided in the end.
– The conclusion must contain an extract of your idea. To get a best conclusion on your paper, read all the key points of your essay and conclude them respectively.
Nothing is 100% perfect around us nor can we produce one. But the struggle to make things as ideal as they can be tends to the original perfection. Essay editing basically is an effort cum approach to bring that excellence in your work and produce some excellent essays. Always remember that if your essay is free of grammatical mistakes, having its intrinsic flow, full of rich words and divided into equally placed subtopics then your success is guaranteed in the field of writing.